Founded in 1996 by Krsnanandini Devi Dasi and Tariq Saleem Ziyad, The Dasi-Ziyad Family Institute is a non profit organization born of necessity. Seeing the urgent need for relationship skills and tools because too many families were experiencing divorce and family disintegration, the founders realized that there are skills that people can learn and commitments they can make to transform weakened families into strong, healthy ones and to transform hopelessness and defeat into hope and success.
They began providing relationship skill-building classes and workshops, communication and conflict resolution seminars and parenting classes. Couples requested their help. Initially, they provided these services on a volunteer and donations accepted basis. Gradually, by demand and request, the services provided by Tariq (TSZ) and Krsnanandini (KDD) accelerated. Curricula were designed, youth projects implemented and counseling services increased.
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Administrators, since June, 1999
- Certified Prep Instructors, since October, 2001
- Certified Family Wellness Instructors, since March 2003
- Certified Better Together Relationship Instructors, since 2003
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs), since January, 2008
- Curriculum Developers
- Presenters: SmartMarriages Conference 2003, 2004 & 2008
- Presenters: International Fatherhood Conference, 2008
- Presenters: Regional Urban Minority Alcoholic & Drug Addiction Outreach Program (UMADAOP), 2009
- BA. Psychology – Baldwin Wallace College (TSZ)
- BA. Business Administration – Baldwin Wallace College (TSZ)
- BS. Education – Cleveland State University (KDD)