Parenting for the 21st Century is a colorful, comprehensive, practical, hands-on educational course for parents and other childcare providers. This dynamic course is designed to empower!
For Parents and other Childcare Providers:
Program: Parenting for the 21st Century
Year developed: 2003
Healthy parenting is an art, a skill, and a mission. Our course covers the multifaceted job of being a parent in today’s hectic, often confusing world. A dynamic, interactive course designed to empower parents, grandparents, foster parents and other caregivers with skills, techniques, principles and tools to make them more effective with their children. Topics include preparing for parenting, building children with character, effective discipline, healthy family communication skills, financial management, accessing community and neighborhood resources, special challenges of single parents and children diagnosed as ADHD and more.
Group instruction is generally contracted by agencies; Call DZFI for details.
TOOB – Order the Complete “teach out of the box” Parenting for the 21st Century© and get instructor manual and everything necessary to present this curriculum. Cost: $169
- Introduction to Parenting for the 21st Century: How did I learn to be a parent; Parenting Styles
- Preparation for Parenting;
- Ages and Stages, Child development and expectations
- Communication (listening to our children; asking the tough questions)
- Building Children with Character: Teaching the 4 C’s: Compassion, Cooperation, Consideration and Courtesy.
- Effective Discipline (involves clarity, consistency and appropriateness)
- Unhealthy Paradigms About Children and Parents
- What Children Need to be Healthy
- Defining Healthy Family
- Negotiating & Resolving Conflicts with your children
- Educating & Protecting Your Children from Abuses: Physical, Emotional & Substance
- Financial Management: Whatever your budget, you can model it, you can teach it!
- Utilizing Neighborhood, Community and Family Services as a Support Network
- Modeling Values for Your Children
- Special Challenges of Single Parents, Teen Parents and Parents with children labeled AD/HD
- Your vision for Parenting; Create a picture of your future: Set goals; Write Your Parenting Mission Statement,
- Instructor-Parent Agreement
- Client Data Form
- Instructor Notes
- Lesson Hand-outs
- 3 sets -Reflective Listening/Respectful Speaking Tools
- Attendance Sheet
- Parenting Certificate
- Evaluation Form